Friday, September 16, 2011

Yellowstone Day Two

thursday was the toughest day

it started with the message of the damaged chip
which cost me all of my videos and pics
not just of the trip but everything
including my sisters kids

it also got below 30
didnt sleep well

ran into the same older couple while waiting
for the grand geyser

turns out they were from maine
always wanted to go to maine
they offered to email photos of the geysers
which was cool

grand was worth the long wait

i think if my parents ever went to yellowstone
the geysers by old faithful
would be their favorite part
there are all of these geyser gazers
they have notebooks and walkie talkies
and let each other know the signs of when a geyser may blow
it is like a game
trying to catch all of them
me getting to see giantess was unique
one guy said regular yearly visitors have never seen it

i can picture my dad taking notes
and living it chasing geysers

being tired and hungry for real food
i was a bit grumpy
and not having access to my phone camera
put me a little on tilt

being able to send and post videos and pics
instantly has kept me connected
the instant feedback doesnt make you feel alone

at the general store at old faithful
i meet paul a tawainese worker
if he had 10 minutes i know
he would have my phone problem
he got excited when i was directed to him
he was obviously working beneath his skills
likely a chump job to see america
there are a lot of young forgien kids working
at national parks
likely a cool gig

anyway paul started giving me options
but a large midwest woman wanted ice cream
i told him i would wait
but he said he would rather help me
but he got yelled at three times
about needing to serve ice cream
so while not solved
he gave me options

i drove out of the park
guerllia tourism
i got my dads camera to work
so every three minutes
i pulled over and took a great photo

stopped once by a big lake
pulled out the overside chair that spreads out
that has been taking up way too much room
in the trunk

opened it
then fell over on my ass
got back up and it started to rain

there may be a donation to goodwill in the near future
with mom getting a new one for some holiday

on the way out
west thumb was cool
there are these awesome pools
they say early fisherman would catch a trout
leave it on the pool and drop it into a pool
and cook it instantly

got some cool pics but cant post em
cause they are on the camera

drove through the grand tetons
wow
great views
took a while i stopped so much
if you were hiking inclined
it might be better than yellowstone
no entrance fee
and less tourists

the drive to jackson hole was scenic to say the least
great big ranches
then mountains in the distance

jackson hole itself
sucked

it is like the opposite of red lodge
stuffed full of tourists
while red lodge had that folksy feel
jackson hole felt like a money pit
this will say it all
one of the radio stations in the area is a red sox radio affilate

i did however buy a new card for my phone
so i can take photos
realized i also lost all the songs i downloaded
so when there are no radio stations
that sucks
and it means my ringtones are gone
that will take a lot of work to replace
as i had individual tones for both calls and texts
for almost every person in my phone

so likely unwisely
i left jackson hole
hungry and tired

i avoided the quickest route
because it didnt want to drive off a cliff in the direct
and i didnt take another route because it was an extra hour

i thought i took the safest route
well...
i will make that different post

No comments:

Post a Comment