Thursday, September 15, 2011

Overnight in Yellowstone

Overnight

knew it would be cold
had nice system
with blanker over the front seats to block light
and a second blanket stretching front seat to back seat
making a tent
underneath had sheet and thick fleece laying on top
of a sleeping bag if I needed it
at one point took off sweatshirt

the front windows were slightly down
as they say to do
didnt use the fan because it was cold but i was warm


but couldnt fall asleep
or think i couldnt fall asleep

so heard people walking by
drunks
and then what sounded like a security guard

could hear someone walk around the car
stop
flash a light
thought heard him say
someone is sleeping in there

laid as still as could be
for as long as could be
it was freaking me out he wouldnt leave

finally jumped up and no one was there
figured maybe it was in my head

didnt hear him for some time

hours later
i heard two guys talking
one saying someone is sleeping in there
could sense the light

at one point was like kick me out already
they left
still could not sleep
got real cold
poked my head up
there werent many cars
no one around

it was like 3:30 am
the window had frost on it
started the car

and here was when i got bad news
now the phone was dying
but it said damaged external SD card

all of my pics and videos are gone
not just from the trip
but of the kids
and everything since march

now my dad camera had failed
earlier in the day
thought we put new batteries in
and at mt rushmore it was dead
so I put in new ones
and those are already dead
must not be connecting
plus every photo is 3x too bright
spent so much time trying to change that
and couldn’t figure it out

so this sucks

right now
iam in hallway
of a hotel
charging my phone
and typing this
going to try to play with chip
once it is juiced up
but it looks bad

guessing it will be expensive
to get a new one
and who knows where or when
can find a radio shack or best buy

the internet doesnt work here
on my phone i could facebook but not google
and the computer cant connect

not sure if I will keep my promise of not
using the car
but it better warm up

No comments:

Post a Comment