Saturday, September 10, 2011

North Manchester part 2

after watching jim gaffigan talk about hot pockets on netflix
my brother and i ventured out

north manchester has four bars
and i ended going to all four

started at the mainview
which is owned by my brothers friend scotty and his family

it is a great place
with good food
nice beer selection

it was the site of one of the best nighs ever
when josh won his second championship
cousin dave bought bottles of liquor that had sat on shelves for years
at a bargin discount from scotty
my uncle left to get my dad
it was so icy he fell
when my dad showed up
he asked how far behind he was
and started draining shots
and he never really drinks in public
it was a good time

last night
almost as soon as we walked in
scotty started handing out shots

the whole table
had twitter fever
it is weird how things have changed
so quickly
you go out to a bar
everyone is looking at their phone


after a while
the girls we were with
wanted to move on

the mainview is the only place
my brother feels comfortable
hanging out at
he is the basketball coach at the college
and there is too many students at the rest

josh drove them and me to the timeout
and then he went home
i intended to spend time with him
but he insisted i stay

apparently the state of indiana
has never heard of black haus or any kind
of blackberry brandy so we couldnt do heshes
but must have done every other shot

holly kept asking me
are you really just heading out west
with no real plan
but i never got to answer
because instantly every time
she would get distracted

also whenever i mentioned home or cleveland
she would yell YOU HAVE NO HOME NOW

my brother came back to pick up brandy -who was pretty cool-
to drop her off at her home at one point
but for some reason
left without me again

kelley made me follow her out
and we got in some girls truck
and went to the inn

that place mostly sucked
i couldnt get a beer
kept ordering one
people kept offering to buy me one
but the bartender kept forgetting

eventually i got one
and as soon as i did
kelley was ready to go
to manchesters fourth bar

we cut through an alley
there in the alley
was holly

small towns

i texted josh to figure out
how to walk home

but he misinterpeted
that as i was walking home
and drove to pick me up
a few minutes after three

i just checked on my phone
for the time he texted him
sat the phone down
and it started dialing brandy for some reason
had to quickly hit cancel
but i am sure it rang

oops

onto waukesha
needed to drive through chicago
which is always fun

No comments:

Post a Comment